Your Guideline for Planning Events during RMCO
Meetings, seminars, training and courses can now be organised with strict adherence to standard operating procedure. The Government of Malaysia has released the guidelines for holding corporate events during the RMCO period from 10 June to 31 August 2020.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF EVENTS ALLOWED?
AGE OF PARTICIPANTS
Only participants between the age of 18 and 60 are allowed in the events.
MAXIMUM PARTICIPANTS ALLOWED
A maximum number of 250 participants is allowed to attend these events, with social distancing measures taken care of. Each person must stay at least 1 metre away from one another, and occupy a 2 square metres space.
For example, if the size of an event space is 200 square metres, the participants allowed can only be 100 people. If the space is small, the number of participants must also be small.
EVENTS CAN BE HELD NATIONWIDE?
Yes, events can be organised nationwide EXCEPT for regions classified as Red Zone or under enhanced movement control order (EMCO).
WHO ARE RESTRICTED FROM JOINING EVENTS?
People who are classified as Patient Under Investigation / Person Under Surveillance by the Ministry of Health are not allowed to attend events.
CONTACT TRACING & SOCIAL DISTANCING SOP
- All participants have to be registered through MySejahtera app. For those without a smartphone, they are to be registered manually.
- Hand sanitisers must be provided for users to disinfect their hands.
- Event organisers must ensure that participants had face masks on throughout the event they attended.
- There should be controlled entry and exit to the event venue.
- Anyone who registers a temperature higher than 37.5 degrees Celsius will not be allowed to enter the event space.
- Venue operators must disinfect their premises before and after an event. This includes disinfecting the toilets.
FOOD AND BUFFET
Organisers cannot serve buffet-style meals. The participants must only be served packed food.